In my last blog I talked about what Culture shock is all about. So read it first if you haven’t. Now this one is a list of the things that you can do to stop having it make you unhappy.
My top tips for Dealing with Culture Shock
1. Acknowledge your low mood – It is natural and normal to feel this way.
2. Don’t isolate yourself – It is easy to withdraw and lose confidence
3. Build a supportive network – Meet other ex-pats who understand how you feel and what you are experiencing.
4. Find and do something that fulfills you – Think about volunteering.
5. Learn the language – Join a class and learn the language. And it’s a great way to meet people too!
6. Use a language app on your mobile to help you in shops – I use Leo.org
7. Join Internations and meet other ex-pats in your city – They have groups all over the world with lots of activities to join and meet people and have fun.
8. Join other sites such as Meetup for more activities – There are many other sites where you can join activities and meet people.
9. Embrace technology – Skype, WhatsApp, Facetime, etc all can help you stay in touch with family and friends.
10. Don’t suffer in silence – Seek help.
Happiness and Life Coach, Aromatherapist, and Speaker with 30 years of experience, helping you to live a happy and fulfilling life.
Discover and live to your true potential. Live the life you desire!