Most of us don’t like to talk about how great we are, even less so if we are feeling low on confidence. So, have you ever thought of making a brag book to help you boost your Confidence!?
I am a very visual person so I like the idea of something I can look at and touch and its a self-confidence tool I often suggest to my clients.
Originally used as a way to create a portfolio to take to job interviews, you can now also use the idea to create a book where you can collect all the amazing things about you. It’s a wonderful way to gather together achievements, successes, awards and things people have said to you all in one place.
It’s simple and easy to do and very effective:
- Find yourself a nice notebook or folder
- Think about the achievements, big and small, in your life
- Print off emails of nice things people have said to you
- Put in letters, postcards or notes that say something special about you
- Write in compliments people have given you
- Add anything else you fancy
The Brag Book works in two ways. Firstly, the process of collecting all of these nice things about you will help boost your confidence. And secondly, whenever you are feeling low in confidence you have your visual brag book to look at and remind you of how great you are!
I find my brag book helps me stay confident and positive both personally and professionally and its a lot of fun to do. Plus, its nice to spend some time being creative.
So why not give it a go!